Class Schedule and Types:
- What classes do you offer?
- ESSENTIAL CLASS in Brighton (Beginners class in London):
- This class is perfect for beginners and anyone who wants to improve their basic jiu jitsu techniques. During the 45-minute class, you will go through a warm-up, drills to practice basic techniques, and specific sparring to help you get a solid foundation in the sport. All belt ranks are welcome to join.
- FUNDAMENTALS CLASS in Brighton (All levels in London):
- This class is designed to give students a deeper understanding of jiu jitsu techniques. In 60 minutes, you will go through a warm-up, drills to practice general techniques, and specific sparring or sparring to help you improve your overall knowledge and coordination. All belt ranks are welcome to join.
- INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED CLASS for Brighton and London:
- This class is for students who want to take their jiu jitsu skills to the next level. You will spend 75 minutes exploring more advanced techniques and receiving in-depth instructions. This class is only suitable for white belts with three stripes to black belts, not beginners.
- SPARRING CLASS for Brighton and London:
- This class is for students who want to put their jiu jitsu skills to the test. You will have the opportunity to spar and gain more confidence for competitions. This class is only suitable for white belts with three stripes to black belts, not beginners.
- LADIES ONLY CLASS for London Only:
- This class is specifically designed for women of all levels and ages who want to learn jiu jitsu. During the 60-minute class, you will learn various aspects of the sport, from self-defense to gi and nogi fighting. This class is not just about learning physical techniques, but also about building self-esteem and confidence. All belt ranks are welcome to join, but it is recommended for beginners. The class structure includes a warm-up, drills to practice general techniques, and specific sparring or sparring.
- If London, please check out the timetable for London here.
- If Brighton, please check our timetable for Brighton here.
- We do offer classes for kids but only in Brighton.
- Yes, but only in London, please check our timetable.
Pricing and Membership:
- How much does a membership cost for London?
- To get started, you'll need to join GymBox, specifically with a GymBox BJJ Membership. That will grant you access to all BJJ classes in all GymBox locations.
- We offer a couple of BJJ Membership options to fit your needs:
- £135.00 per month (a year contract)
- £155.00 monthly (rolling contract).
- Family discounts are available.
- Yes, in London and Brighton, it's £20.00 for adults, and in Brighton, it's £15.00 for kids. There are no kids' classes in London.
- We do, but please contact Brighton directly.
Facilities and Location:
- Where are you located?
- London: 12A Leather Lane, London EC1N 7SS
- Brighton: 10 High Street, Brighton, BN2 7HR
- On-street parking only.
- Yes, we do in both locations.
- There is in London but not in Brighton.
Instructors and Teaching Style:
- Who are the instructors?
- Here at our Website, under the option Team, you have the option Instructors. You will see that every instructor has their own page.
- All of our instructors are of the highest and international level. Click here to get to know them.
- We have classes for both styles.
- We have classes for both styles.
Equipment and Attire:
- Do I need to bring my own gi?
- Yes, you do.
- You can in Brighton but not in London. We have our online store if needed here.
- You need to bring a Gi and rashguard for Gi classes and shorts and rashguard for Nogi classes.
Trial Classes and Walk-Ins:
- Do you offer free trial classes?
- We offer free trials in Brighton but not in London.
- Yes, you can. In Brighton, your first trial is free. In London for drop-in sessions, you can pay £20 for a BJJ Day Pass, which can be arranged at reception on the day of your visit. This will grant you access to all classes that day plus everything else GymBox offers. There's no need to book; just drop in whenever works best for you.
- Yes, you do.
Health and Safety Protocols:
- Is the gym cleaned regularly?
Ranking and Promotion:
- How does the belt promotion system work?
- Based on frequency, technical knowledge, discipline, performance, dedication, and competitions.
- We have one grading in Summer and one in Christmas.
- No additional fees.
Competition and Sparring:
- Do you participate in BJJ competitions?
- Yes, we have a strong and competitive team.
- How often is sparring incorporated into classes?
- Beginners classes have specific sparring and all other classes have sparring as part of the class.
Contract and Cancellation Policy:
- Is there a contract I need to sign for membership?
- In London, you have to sign up directly with GymBox.
- In Brighton, please contact them directly as they can tailor a plan for you.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- One month’s notice.
- Can I freeze my membership if I can't attend for a certain period?
- Yes, you can freeze your membership. In London, you have to contact GymBox directly for details on how to freeze your membership. For Brighton, please contact them directly for specific instructions regarding freezing your membership.